Please contact us if you have additional questions.
1. Is the bike portion of the race on single track, gravel road, or paved road? I’m asking to see if a road bike would be suitable or if a mountain bike is needed. Also, I want to have an idea for how aggressive the terrain is.
Absolutely, a mountain bike is A MUST. The maps on the website are topographic so it can give some details for you. But for the most part the trails are single track ATV forest service trails and gravel road. Single track goes from aspen groves and grassy terrain to rocky and technical portions.
2. Is there a packet pickup the night before?
If not, what time should I be there to ensure I get everything I need.
Packet pick-up will be available the day before the race, Friday July 7th.
Location: The Hub Bike Shop: 100 Country Center Dr, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Registration will open at 6:45am and a pre-race debriefing will be at the start line, 5 minutes before the race begins.
3. Is the race timed? If so, does it use a chip of some sort?
Race is timed by multiple stopwatches to ensure accuracy.
4. How many people have done the race in the past?
We have on average 100 or more racers each year.
5. Is it run-bike-run, bike-run, or run-bike?
It’s run-bike. While this is not a traditional duathlon format, we’re not a typical duathlon! Running first, then biking allows for better transition and structure for the race, especially for those who opt for the relay-team division.
6. How exactly does the relay work?
One person bikes and one person runs. The running portion is first, with the runner tagging their partner AFTER they cross the finish line, then the biker tears off to do their part!
7. Are dogs allowed on the course?
While we love dogs, PLEASE leave fluffy at home. Absolutely NO dogs are allowed on the course.
Do the Du!
- ~ What a Success!
"Thank you! To all of our Sponsors, volunteers and participants!!!! We had an amazing event on Saturday all thanks to all of you and your commitment to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. We had 126 people come out and get Dirty and the DU and raised over $7,000 to continue services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in our county. AMAZING! [gallery size="medium" ids="543,542"] [gallery ids="549,548"] [gallery ids="546,545,544"]
- Read more testimonials »